Speak to an Expert Mon-Fri 7AM - 7PM CST
Drive Programming Software
Hitachi Drive Software for Industrial AC Drives and Inverters include ProDrive Next and ProDrive software. ProDrive Next software is the current generation programming software used with newer inverters while ProDrive software is the legacy software used with older inverters.
Important Information: ProDrive Software configuration files cannot be migrated to the ProDrive Next software, and vice versa.
These Hitachi Drive software packages are provided by Hitachi as a free to download and use. The user only needs to accept the End-User License Agreement (EULA) to successfully install the software.
Compatible with NES1, WJ200, WL200, L700, SJ00B, SJ700, XJ200, SJ-P1
(Click here for step by step instructions)
Compatible with L100-XFU, L100-MFU2, L100-MFR2,
L200-XFU, L200-XFU2 ,L300P-XFU, L300P-XBRM,
L300P-XFU2, SJ200-XFU, SJ200-XFU2, SJ100-XFU,
X200, SJ700, SJH300-XF, SJ300EL, SJ300-XFU
(Click here for step by step instructions)
PRODRIVE NEXT SOFTWARE FEATURES
The ProDrive Next Hitachi Drive software is compatible with the following Industrial AC Inverters product family:
- Support for ONLINE and OFFLINE Drive configuration
- Inverter Parameter Read
- Inverter Parameter Write
- Inverter Parameter Comparison
- Simplified Monitoring Functions
- Inverter Auto-Identify
- Error History
- MODBUS Protocol Support
- Legacy and Current Drive Models support
- Modern Windows Operating System Support
How to Install Prodrive NEXT Software
- Install the PDN drivers if the ProDrive Next programming software is being installed for the first time.
- Download the PDN Drivers from the provided link here.
- Once downloaded, locate the file for extraction.
- The extracted file contains a variety of files such as InstallImages folder and a Getting Started manual.
- Inside the Install Images folder, PDN setup launchers are provided with file names of dpinst32.exe and dpinst64.exe. Launch PDN installer using dpinst32.exe if the workstation is running on 32-bit Windows Operating System. Otherwise, use pdinst64.exe for 64-bit operating system.
- This procedure will install the required communication drivers to the programming workstation.
PRODRIVE NEXT VERSION 188.8.131.52 HITACHI DRIVE SOFTWARE INSTALLATION
- Download the ProDrive Next programming software from the provided link here.
- Save the installation package (PDN_InV_2_2_1_10.zip) and locate the file for extraction.
- After extraction of the file package, the inv.en folder will appear. This folder holds the ProDrive Next installer. To Launch the installer, Double click on the “Setup.exe” file or Select “Setup.exe” > Right Click > Open installer.
For networked computers, administrator privilege may be needed
to Run the installer. Use the Run as Administrator option for this situation.
Several components will also be installed including USB drivers when the drive installer is running
- ProDrive Next Version 184.108.40.206 automatically updates the hardware catalog unlike the older Hitachi software versions. There is no need to configure and update the catalog when the ProDrive Next inverter programming software is started. .
- The Catalog is successfully updated when the FA System Integrated Software pop-up displays.
- Press OK to complete installation of the Hitachi Drive Software. ProDrive Next software may be started and used to configure and Commission your Hitachi Variable AC Drives.
How to Install Prodrive Software
- Download the ProDrive software package from the provided link here.
- Save the installation package (Pro-drive220.127.116.11_Pro_EU.zip) and locate the file for extraction.
- The extracted package contains Pro-drive18.104.22.168_Pro_EU.ex_ file.
- The extracted file needs to be edited for conversion to an executable (.exe) file. File extensions must be displayed to edit extension file names. If the extracted file does not show the file name extension (.ex_) automatically, modify the Windows Folder option setting by deselecting “Hide File Extensions for known file types”.
- Rename the Pro-drive22.214.171.124_Pro_EU.ex_ to Pro-drive126.96.36.199_Pro_EU.exe
- Launch the ProDrive Software installer by Double clicking the “Pro-drive188.8.131.52_Pro_EU.exe” or Select “Pro-drive184.108.40.206_Pro_EU.exe” > Right Click > Open.
For networked computers, administrator privilege may be needed to Run the installer. Use the Run as Administrator option for this instance.
- Once the Hitachi software is installed, the ProDrive software is ready for initial use. The ProDrive software and the ProDrive Loader may be started from the shortcut icons located on Desktop, created during the installation.
ProDrive US Inverter Support – Required Update
The following update is REQUIRED to add the support for US model families of Hitachi Inverter to your ProDrive Version 220.127.116.11 installation. Follow the steps below to install this update:
Install ProDrive 18.104.22.168 from the link given in the previous section.
Download and install the ProDrive Software Version 22.214.171.124 UPDATE from this link. The link will download a zip file.
Unzip the files to your main ProDrive program folder, which also contains the prodrive.exe file.
ProDrive Loader is a simple, easy to use utility, aimed for less experienced users. Predefined inverter parameter sets, copying of data between inverters and inverter data verification may be done using this software.
ProDrive Software is the main application, especially used in managing inverter parameters. It features automatic inverter identification, on-line monitor and trip error history.